Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas weekend! Ours was relatively quiet and low-key, but still an awfully good time. My coolest gift is not particularly green, but I love it: a massaging desk chair...! If it balances things out at all, I bought my wife some jewelry from local Fair Trade shop MacroSun International (among other things)... their stuff is gorgeous if you're in the market.
New Year fever has taken hold in the blogosphere and elsewhere as we all reflect on the outgoing year, and make plans and resolutions for the new one. So far, one of my favorite "10 Ten of 2006" lists is Springwise's "Top 10 eco & sustainability business ideas in 2006." Springwise focuses on cool, and all ten of these ideas fit that qualification. Among the concepts that got the nod:
- The sustainable dance club, complete with a dance floor that harnesses the energy of patron's movements. Did a post on this one at TH.
- Buying carbon offsets via text message, an concept implemented by Great Britain's World Land Trust. Oh, my.... did a post at TH about this one, too.
- Residential wind turbines... there's even competition in this category.
- Household and retail recycling solutions.
- Hybrid taxis and rentals. Now, there's a sustainablog post...
Categories: business, innovation, green, sustainable, top10, 2006, springwise