Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I Stand Accused...

Of using biased sources in my attempt to argue about nuclear power. Generally, that's true. I will say that the question of bias is a particularly tough one to overcome in this argument, regardless of which side you take. Just in my cursory research, there seems to be little in the way of infomation out there that doesn't come from an organization with an agenda. It's a bit like arguing for/against abortion and capital punishment...

So, what I've been attempting to do is locate source material that seems "balanced." One thing I came across this afternoon is a recent edition of NPR's Science Friday program that addressed some of the questions raised here. The participants in the debate are Angela Howard of the Nuclear Energy Institute (who we have amply represented among our visitors/commentors) and Arjun Makhijani of The Institute for Energy and Environmental Research.

I'll keep my thoughts to myself for now. Rather, I hope you'll listen to the program, and then add your responses.

Technorati tags: ,