Wednesday, July 27, 2005

US to Announce "Alternative to Kyoto" Partnership

See, I'm so cynical about anything touted as "environmental" coming out of the Bush administration that when I read this ENN story, I started wondering what sort of Orwellian title would be applied to this "secret agreement" reached by the US, Australia, China and India. "Cool Skies?" "Healthy Climate?" "Virtuous Emissions?" Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be a doozy...

This agreement is billed as promoting the creation and deployment of "modern technologies to help energy-hungry Asia-Pacific economies such as China and India slash emissions." Anyone want to take bets on whether the "Freedom Car" is the central "modern technology?"

OK, I'm not contributing anything postive here... but I'll be this "alternative plan" won't, either...

Technorati tags: , ,