Monday, July 11, 2005

BRC 9: Where It All Starts...

As a devotee of sustainability, it's easy to get caught up in the "grown-up" worlds of politics, business, activism, science,... This post by the biodiversivist at Gristmill reminds me (and I'm sure its true for many of you, too) why I naturally gravitated towards the concept of sustainability: from a young age (thank you, Mom and Dad), I spent an awful lot of time in the natural world. As biodiversitist notes, these kinds of experiences at a young age will help produce the next generation of green voters, citizens and consumers. So, of course, stay with the worlds of politics, business, activism, and science, but take a kid camping, too -- it may be the most productive thing you can do to contribute to a more sustainable world.

Uh oh... I feel a Whitney Houston song coming on...

Technorati tags: , ,

Support Sustainability Education! Make Your Donation to the Missouri Botanical Garden's Earthways Center.