Thursday, March 09, 2006

Kelley Stoltz Album is Green-E Certified

While renewable energy offsets are nothing new to the music industry (Pearl Jam, for instance, offsets carbon emissions from touring), Kelley Stoltz's latest album, Below the Branches, will be the first to incorporate the Green-e label on its product packaging.
While Stoltz hopes the album will have a positive impact on listeners, he is proud to know that the energy used in its creation had no impact on the environment. "I've never been one to write a political song, but I can let people who buy my album know that I care a lot about the environment and possibly influence them to think about what they can do by labeling my album with the Green-e logo,” said Stoltz. “Using renewable energy to offset the electricity I needed to power my guitar amps and my recording machines was a simple and effective way for me to do something about my impact on the environment. Green-e certifies that I am buying 100 percent renewable energy. Hopefully, people will see their logo; check into what they do, and make renewable energy a part of their lives, too."
I'll be honest -- Kelley's a new name to me, but I'm listening to a song ("Memory Collector") right now -- sounds like Randy Newman has got to be an influence. Anyone know his music?

Categories: , , , , , ,