Sunday, February 26, 2006

OffsetMyLife.com is Coming...


This will be my only post today, as I'm still a bit hung over, so to speak... One topic that came up in our chatroom, though, is a new venture Shea had mentioned to me several weeks back, and which I can now discuss: OffsetMyLife.com, which will be launching in March. Building on the idea of buying renewable energy offsets, which I've featured recently with the Whole Foods and Fed-Ex Kinko's announcements, OffsetMyLife.com will provide the opportunity for anyone (individual, business or organization) to create and purchase customized offsets for almost any activity. Want to offset the carbon pollution produced from driving to work? You can do it here. Want to offset the energy consumed from drinking coffee? Or beer? Or Mountain Dew? You can do that, too. Any business or organization can follow the lead of the big players (or even smaller ones) and offset their energy use. Right now, you can join their email list to receive one email when the project launches -- do it. I think this will be big. Shea's assembled a stellar team, and given the recent interest, this could well be one of those things that happens exactly at the right time. I'll be keeping an eye on it, certainly, and letting you know about developments.

Categories: , , , , , , , ,