Friday, July 15, 2005

Kossacks Want Wind

Via Gristmill, a very interesting proposal from Jerome a Paris at DailyKos:
I think that a dKos branded wind turbine or wind farm would be a great symbol for the site, as well as a very concrete reply to people that ask us what to actually do to solve problems. As you know, I write about energy and I consider that wind power is a viable part of the solution to our coming energy crunch.

I think that it would be possible for me to mobilise the necessary people and companies for such a project, but I need to be able to show that we can put enough equity on the table to be taken seriously.

I explain below how things could move forward. So please take the poll - and please answer honestly about the kind of money you would SERIOUSLY consider investing in such a project; Please also recommend so that this gets as much exposure as possible.
Since I've bitched about the lack of environmental discussion occuring on the big political blogs, I certainly want to promote Jerome's efforts. This could be a major means of expanding the discussion of renewable energy in the political blogosphere. If you've got information on the potential for such an undertaking, leave Jerome a comment. And, I'll be honest -- I don't spend a lot of time on DK, and am having a hell of a time finding Jerome's email address. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it...


Technorati tags: , ,


Stonyfield Farm