Thursday, July 14, 2005

"Blogging 'Round the Clock" Post-Mortem

After six weeks or so of planning, organizing and promoting, I'm not only experiencing sheer fatigue from the effort of blogging for 22 1/2 hours (yes, I didn't quite make the 24), but a bit of a letdown now that "Blogging 'Round the Clock" is over. I really enjoyed the experience, and feel a great sense of gratification at the success of the event. One more time: thank you to everyone who participated in some way, whether contributing a post, making a donation to the Earthways Center or joining in the conversation.

Here's what I know so far:
  • This was definitely sustainablog's biggest day according to the hit counters: looks like the blog received over 400 visitors on both the 11th and 12th. At least 11 new folks subscribed through Bloglines. And the Feedburner feed circulation was around 140-150 throughout the event.
  • The final pledge total was right at $207 (maybe $207.50 -- I've actually got to add up the numbers). Short of the $500 goal I set, but I knew that was a bit high. I'm very grateful to those of you who pledged. I'll see if I can get numbers on actual donations from the Garden's development office. I will post a donor's roll tomorrow -- please let me know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
  • I'm still looking through comments -- I'm sure this was the first time that I actually couldn't keep up with them. It was very gratifying to see people who I've had contact with talking to each other -- I hope many of you made new contacts and/or online friends.
  • Wow, I'm getting old... I still have such vivid memories of all-nighters from my undergrad days and the first few years of grad school, but I also have to remember that I was also in my late teens and early twenties then... Now that I'm sort of pushing forty (I'm 36), this takes a lot more effot and recovery time...
I'm so happy to see the community that's developed around sustainablog -- that is, without a doubt, the biggest source of pride for me. How can we not make some changes in the world with such talented, creative and passionate people out there?

Well, back to the normal routine now...


Technorati tags: