Monday, July 18, 2005

Rucio's Back at Grist...

Our old friend Eric Rosenbloom is back, this time asking Grist's Umbra a question he raised here: "Can you cite an example of actual reduction of fossil- and nuclear-fuel use brought about by existing wind farms on a general grid?" In all fairness to Eric, he does bring up conservation as a potential alternative to wind power, and I don't think he's a right-wing, anti-environmental troll as some might assume -- hell, I'll even say he's raised some legitimate questions about wind power, though I think he often assumes a worst-case scenario. Umbra's answer is much more detailed than mine was all those months ago... stay tuned at Gristmill, as I wouldn't be surprised to see Rucio join in the fray there...

Of course, I'm writing as if Eric's no longer with us -- am I wrong, Eric??

Technorati tags: ,