Sunday, February 06, 2005

Evangelicals and the Environment

I'm as guilty as anyone of writing off the religious right as a potential ally on environmental issues, but, as Joel Makower points out, I and others committed to sustainability shouldn't be so quick to tar all conservative Christians with the same anti-environmental brush. In the course of looking at evangelical positions on environmentalism, I've come across some other positive developments:
Would love to hear about other efforts. As Joel says in his post, we can't afford to dismiss this potential constituency...

Update 2/7/05: Both my buddy Doug and today's Tidepool editor have also pointed me to the Washington Post article that Joel cites in his post. Again, I'm having to reorient myself -- it's hard to comprehend being on the same page with Dr. James Dobson and Chuck Colson...